Sunday, January 4, 2009

Matlab,... too good....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------- Words seemed to have abandoned me. As if I've lost my voice. Heart seemed to have stopped beating. For I couldn't feel it beating except for some occasional irregular bounces. I realized perhaps I've forgot to close my mouth for it was open ajar, from when I don't really remember. Widely opened eyes adulated the figure before me. I was so engulfed and intoxicated that I could feel nothing but a strange sensation. It's difficult to put this sensation in words. It changed and camouflaged with the emotions before me. Sometimes it emerged as a piercing pain in my throat, the one that you get when you try hard to stop your tears. While the other times it set my feet tapping and head jerking with the music in the air.

If you are wondering what left be so intoxicated, then let me clear the air. I had been to see Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi at INOX on the very first day of year 2009. It would be incomplete if I don't let you know that this was my first ever movie in a commercial theatre. I think this would enable you to understand my feelings better. I was spellbound by the total experience. Dumbstruck.....

It was dark when we stepped into this new world. The world that is way different from the world outside. To my great relief, I didn't miss a single second of the movie inspite of being late by nearly 7-8 minutes. I thanked God and occupied my seat. It started with the camera focused on an ignobly dressed character emerging from a train. It was Shahrukh Khan, whom I adulate these days. His eternal image before me heaved my heart couple of inches upwards. I wanted to clap out my joy, but my mind dictated to behave myself. It has often happened that movies which people found boring and disgusting, have been found interesting and great by me. You may petty my choice, but it's true. Same was with RNBDJ. The more people discouraged me to watch, the more I knew I would like it. And it happened so. It totally took a toll on me. I experienced every emotion possible. Loved and adored the character Surinder Sahni, while developed ultimate disgust for the character Raj. Laughted at the unsophisticated and innocent gestures by Surinder Sahni. Felt the similar emotional turmoil deep in my heart as the character on the gigantic screen.Before I could realize the span of time I've been in there, it came to an end. It was an experience out of the world. I kept nodding my head with just three words to express my instant feeling, the moment I came out of the theatre, "matlab, ....too good...". Now and then I kept repeating these words failing to manage some more exotic words to express my true feelings.

Really, it was "matlab, ... too good...". I would say "Hu ha" as per IIT Kgp lingo. Perhaps it will take days to overcome this exhilarating experience and come to my normal life. But I thought this post would remind me of this special experience, years after it has faded from my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment