Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers' Day

Yesterday (May , 11 th ) was Mothers' Day. I don't know how many of you were aware of it and could manage few minutes to wish her.

Well... I was aware of it and didn't bother to thank her. Because I couldn't find anything special about the day. It was as usual like the other days. She was busy making breakfast when I woke up like every other day and went to bed like every other night thanking God for the day. The day had nothing in the air which would make me feel that I should wish my mom. How inhuman and selfish I am , isn't it?

But thanking my mother doesn't require a date which is decided by someone I don't know. Why should I celebrate Mothers' Day on May 11 th ? Do I really have enough words to thank her? Thank her for all that she has done for me. The pain she has taken to see me today in a position where I can take care of myself ( that's what I think , probably not she). She deserves my happiness more than my wishes on a selected date. I would thank her on that special day when I'll get my first hard earned salary. That will be the moment I'd first like to share with my mom. Because that's the day when I'll wake up and find every thing much pleasant around me. That will be the day when I'll celebrate Mother's Day and thank her every thing.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you ver always so caring when it came to mom..and no doubt mom knows dat too!!
    And u dnt need to do nethng special to make her happy ..the truth is ..even ur slightest triumphs makes her feel soo gud..even ur slightest delight on getting a gud meal gets amplified by many folds when u tell her abt it on the phone.. :)
    If one cares fr sum1, dat shows up inones everyday actions and expressions..wishing with a card or a gift seems so insignificant then..

    ReplyDelete